Thursday 26 September 2019

DAY 26: I would love to improve...

WRITE ABOUT AN AREA IN YOUR LIFE THAT YOU'D LIKE TO IMPROVE

There are lots of areas of my life I would like to improve, but the one I'll talk about today is how to not follow the crowd.
In some ways I don't really follow the crowd, but in others I do. What I mean is, if my sisters aren't getting up, then I won't want to either. If my friends are complaining about someone or something, I'll start complaining too, even if I don't really care about the thing or person.
It is one of the things that really annoys me about myself because if I want to have a productive day, or need a productive day to get lots of things done, but my sisters are sitting doing nothing, just on their phones or watching something, I then find myself wanting to do the same, even when I have lots of things to do, all I want to do is sit and watch things on my phone. However, if my sisters were to get up, or leave the room or the house, I would then be able to be productive and get things done because they were up and moving about. The same sort of goes for when my friends are bitching about someone. If they're complaining about the day or the weather or something, even if I don't mind how the day is going, or I'm loving the weather, I'll start complaining because they are and if they were really hyped about something, and I wasn't feeling the best, I would suddenly be hyped.
I get that in some circumstances, it can be a good thing, for instance if I wasn't feeling great and my friends were feeling energetic and hyped, then that would rub off on me and might make me feel better, but in other ways, it's not always good.
I won't ever 'follow the crowd' in 'extreme' circumstances, what I mean by this is, if all my friends were to start smoking, I would not go and smoke with them, or if my friends decided to skip a lesson, I would not do that either. I know they aren't 'extreme' circumstances, but you get what I mean.
Anyway, I am working on improving this, slowly. If I am doing something that I need to be doing and I see my sisters chilling on their phones, I just remind myself that I can do that later once I've done some revision. Or if I'm taking time out for God, but all I want to do is watch a film because that is what my sisters are doing, then I'll first, pray that God would give me strength to not get distracted, but also I would remind myself that I am drawing close to God which is a whole lot more beneficial to my life than wasting time watching movies.
I'm still figuring it out with the 'following my friends moods' thing. When they start bitching and gossiping about people, I try to stay quiet and not get involved. I know I wouldn't like it if people were saying stuff about me behind my back, so to improve on 'not following the crowd' I try to simply stay quiet when they start complaining about something, but if they start getting hyped, I will quite happily get involved in that because it puts me in a better mood.

BeeBee
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

The world was designed for us to live in harmony, so please be nice. Constructive criticism is always welcome though ;)

Thanks for coming by.