Saturday 21 September 2019

DAY 21: 3 things I hope my children are going to learn

WHAT 3 LESSONS DO YOU WANT YOUR CHILDREN TO LEARN FROM YOU?

Well, I have recently decided that I don't want kids, but if I did have children, then these are the lessons or just 'things' that I would want them to know.

  1. How to wait. I am such an impatient person, but God is teaching me how to be more patient and to live more in the moment, and I hope that when I have kids, if I do, that I will be able to teach them how to be patient, wait and live in the moment.
  2. Don't binge shows. Don't get me wrong, I love a good binge and I might binge a show if it's one season or only a couple episodes, but if it's six seasons long with 24 episodes in each season, do not binge it. I learnt this the hard way, my life got consumed by the tv show, (I have done it more than twice and both times it was a mistake) and I couldn't think about anything else, it was also all I wanted to do, was to watch this show. I found I couldn't concentrate in college or when playing a game with my family or I wouldn't be making time for God because all I wanted to do was watch this show. I hope that maybe my kids will learn to have more self-control than me and not get addicted to watching new shows all the time and that they will learn not to waste time on screens, but take time for family and God.
  3. Read more books. When I find a book that I like, I will love it, but most the time I see a book and cannot be bothered to read it. I wish I loved reading because I do enjoy it when I find a good book, but this generation is so screen-based with Netflix and Amazon Prime and YouTube and all these other streaming services, that because I have got into watching shows and movies too much, that now I am one of those people that does not read even though I wish I did. I hope I can teach my kids to read because it is so much better for you, for your English, for your sight, and for your general brain.
Those are the 3 'things'/'lessons' that I want my children to learn, hope you enjoyed.

BeeBee
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

The world was designed for us to live in harmony, so please be nice. Constructive criticism is always welcome though ;)

Thanks for coming by.