Tuesday 24 September 2019

DAY 24: I learnt this the hard way

WRITE ABOUT A LESSON YOU'VE LEARNT THE HARD WAY

When I was still doing homeschool and thinking about going to college, I always thought that I would be really good when it came to revision and would revise often, but in reality, that was not the case.
When my level 3 course started last year, I went in thinking I was going to revise every day and take good breaks and manage my revision sessions well, but actually, when it came to it, I did not manage my time well. I would get home from college and go on my phone or watch a film and procrastinate my revision. I know this is a very human thing to do and lots of people do it, which is why it's one of the reasons I thought I was not going to be one of these people that procrastinates their revision. 
Anyway, because college was stressful enough, when I would get home I wouldn't want to do revision, so I wouldn't, but I would soon regret it. I would do tiny bits of revision at a time, like I would say I'm doing revision, but truth is, I'm probably not taking in any of the information. All this led to a very stressed out me. I would be crying as I fall asleep and feel like I don't know anything when I'd go into college the next day. 
Basically, the day before my exam, I revised all in one night, resulting in me staying up until midnight and let's say that I have learned my lesson. 
Because of all the stress last-minute revision caused me, I hope that this year I have learned and don't procrastinate as much.

I feel like last-minute revision is always a lesson you have to learn the hard way, but then again, it may work for some people, but it caused me a lot of tears, so definitely not doing that this year.

Thanks for reading
BeeBee
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

The world was designed for us to live in harmony, so please be nice. Constructive criticism is always welcome though ;)

Thanks for coming by.