Saturday 20 March 2021

I got a job!!!

Honestly, I've felt very un-inspired at the moment, especially when it comes to being creative with my blog or paintings. But today, I found my inspiration just by spending lots of time praying and reading the book of Acts this morning, so it's been a few minutes, but I'm back. 
Since I last talked, I have gotten into Reaseheath university and applied for student finance. I'm just waiting for applications for accommodation to open, and then I'll be applying for that. Not only have I got into university, but I have also got a job!

I've been at this job for a month now and I am really enjoying it. I'm working in a pharmacy, mostly on the till or serving customers. This job is very different from what I imagined myself doing, but I think it's exactly what God planned for me. The contract is also perfect, ending just a few weeks before I head to university. When I first got this job I was worried that I was going to really dislike it and get bored of it quite quickly. I am the sort of person that needs every day to be slightly different, I get bored quite quickly in a routine. When I was doing work experience in the RSPCA cattery I got bored very quickly because each day felt exactly the same, but I also didn't have that many duties so I wasn't kept busy either. But, in this job, in the pharmacy, every day feels different, you may have the same people come in, I might have the same sort of duties every day, but each day there is always something different. I am only ever in for half a day, I get along with everyone, I love that it is a people job and I get to talk to people and get to know the regulars. I feel very comfortable in this job and plus its great experience to have for the future. So, while I wasn't sure about the job to start with, I sure am now because I know it is exactly what God had planned for me. 

My first week of work felt so good. To actually have been getting up to go somewhere and do something. To be interacting with people outside of my family, to be learning new things. It was just so good to feel motivated! Now that I've been working for 4 weeks, I'll admit I'm tired, but I'm not bored, I'm still fairly new at things, still learning the ropes with some things and so I am not bored. My hours are also so nice, for 2 days a week I work 10-3pm, which means when I get home I have time to paint or read or play games with my family. For 3 days a week, I work 1-6pm, which gives me a nice lie-in, it gives me time in the morning, if I get up early enough, to just do whatever, and then I just work until the end of the day. It's honestly a great job and it's all thanks to God and his amazing plan and amazing timing.

I can't thank God enough for what he has done for me, he has brought me peace with every step of this job search and brought me peace and joy and trust in him with each day of my job. His promises are so good. 
I recently realised that I am literally living in the times of my life I used to imagine living as a kid and honestly it is pretty close to what I imagined. I have a job, I'm off to uni soon, I can't drive yet, but I've had lessons and I am at that age where it's quite nice to have responsibility, but not too much responsibility. I feel good about where my life is and I am looking forward to what these next few months may hold and I am very excited for university. 

Thanks for reading.

BeeBee
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

The world was designed for us to live in harmony, so please be nice. Constructive criticism is always welcome though ;)

Thanks for coming by.