Thursday 20 August 2020

Summer Holiday 2020

I don't think any holiday will compare to our Holiday in Menorca last year, but this year in Weymouth was pretty good. Plus we had pretty great weather for it and all the thunderstorms managed to miss us.

This was a camping holiday, so the first day mostly consisted of almost a 6-hour journey, putting tents up and then having dinner with my Nana and Grandad in their garden, but to top off the day, we also went for an evening stroll around Weymouth beach as the sun was setting behind some buildings. Oh also, this same night we found out my bro got engaged!!! I'm so happy and excited for him, it is very exciting news, but maybe I'll write more about that in another blog.

 
 


First nights are always rough when sleeping in tents and there was so much noisy wind, so I basically got about 4-5 hours sleep with lots of waking up in the middle. But, a bad sleep didn't stop me from having a great day. Day 2 was a walk around Blue Pools, beach and fish and chips for dinner. 


Day 3 I think was my favourite day. We headed over to Portland Bill in the morning. It was beautiful blue water and a really hot sun, definitely the day in which I got burnt. After our walk around the lighthouse, we had some lunch and traveled over to Chesil beach where we spent the rest of the day. I swam in the wonderfully clear water, skimmed some stones, played with a super cute border collie, and got sunburnt some more. 

 

 

In the evening we had a nice dinner spent with our Nana and Grandad at a cute little restaurant. It was a load of fun and good food too. And then when it got really dark we star gazed which is just my absolute favorite activity to do when away, mainly because trying to stargaze in Liverpool is difficult because of all the street lights.


 

Pictures of the stars aren't the best, but best I could get.

Day 4 was an early rise for me. I got up early enough to climb one of the hills and see the end of the sunrise. It was so peaceful and I could see the sea and all the surrounding hills, It was just a great few moments being still with Jesus.

We spent the morning walking around Sandworld looking at some incredible sand sculptures.



The detail in some of these sculptures is crazy!!

For the afternoon we headed back to Chesil beach to do some paddle boarding and kayaking. This was so much fun and I was actually pretty good at it. I did the paddleboarding and actually managed to stand up. My little bro also did paddleboarding but fell in like 22 times trying to stand up, and if he did manage to stand up, he soon after fell back in the sea.
 
 
 

After dinner a few of us, including me, headed back up the hill I went up in the morning, only a little further, and watched the sun go down. On our way back down the hill, we also got to see some bats fly very close to our heads.
 

 


Day 5!! Today was a bit rainier. Our friends also left us and traveled over to the Isle of White to have the rest of their holiday. Even though it was a bit grayer in the sky, we still had a great day. We went into town, I bought a new hat, we got soaked in the rain and had some great Mexican food for lunch.

 
 
 
That was basically it for day 5, it basically rained for most the day so we could only get one activity done. We just chilled in the tents and got some well-needed sleep.


Then came day 6. Our Last day camping and we went golfing, or mini-golfing anyway. I actually didn't do that bad, but we didn't really keep score, after all, its the fun that counts.
 




We went back to our Nana and Grandad's for one last meal with them before we left and then headed back to the tents for our last night of chilling.

Day 7 was actually a lot of fun too. In the morning we got packed down and into the car by half nine and then had Macdonalds for breakfast. On our way home, we headed to Oxford to have a barbecue with friends. We were supposed to camp in their garden for the last couple of days of our holiday, but it ended up being way too wet and thunderstormy to do that in Oxford, so we opted for a barbecue with them on our way home. We got home about nine-ish and slept well that night after a fantastic holiday.

 


Then that's the end. I actually think this holiday goes on my list of one of the best, although I do love all our holidays mostly. There was just something really beautiful and special about this one, we got to do lots of fun things and it just felt great to be out of Liverpool for a while. It was also great to see my Grandparents and friends in Oxford. I think just after the whole pandemic thing, the holiday just feels different and special in a way other holidays haven't.

I hope you enjoyed reading about my holiday, I certainly enjoyed writing about it. I'm probs going to be writing on here again very soon because something verrry exciting is happening and I want to talk about my bros engagement a little more as well, so speak soon.

BeeBee
xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment

The world was designed for us to live in harmony, so please be nice. Constructive criticism is always welcome though ;)

Thanks for coming by.