Saturday 25 January 2020

2019 Review

Well, I know its a bit late, especially considering January is over in a week, but I've been busy with college and revision and even now, I am writing in my break from revision. Anyways, I'm going to try and remember some of 2019 and give a ' summary' of it.

The start of 2019 was rocky, especially with me skipping a level of college and starting straight on level 3. It meant I had to make new friends and learn all new stuff and basically be almost thrown into the deep end of college. Even though I felt like quitting college in the first few months of 2019, God was always with me, leading me, bringing me peace and being the loving God he always is. I definitely couldn't have made it through college last year without the provision of peace that came from God. When I took my exams for college last year, God was the one I leaned on and he got me through, resulting in me ending the year with a Merit grade and also great friends to move onto the next year with. I would say that last year of college was definitely one of the hardest parts of my life, but it has really helped me to grow in confidence and also helped with my faith, plus I met my best friends.

The summer is honestly a little blurry in terms of personnel stuff, but I'm sure there were ups and downs in terms of it. Mostly I remember having joy in the summer, summer is mostly a joyous time for me. I'm just generally happier in summer. One part of the summer I do remember is that I took my relationship with God for granted. I was in a great place with God, but I started having a mindset that I wasn't aware I was having but it was a mindset of a Sunday relationship, which basically means, I would only care or work on my relationship with God on a Sunday at church. This is a terrible mindset to have and I don't remember exactly when, but I think it was just before limitless festival, or maybe during limitless festival that I realized I was having this mindest and I needed to sort myself out because otherwise my mental state was not gonna be good for very long. So I basically prayed, worshipped and eventually re-found my relationship with Christ. My relationship came out a whole lot stronger for it too.
Limitless Festival was definitely the best thing that happened in 2019. It was just exactly what I had needed for a really long time. It was an answer to my prayers and it happened at exactly the right time. I love how God works, it's so incredible and nothing like I ever imagine. If you want to read more about what God did then go read my Limiless Festival blog post I did in August.

Since Limitless festival, my relationship with Christ has been much stronger, deeper and closer. College has felt better, my worship and faith have felt better and it's because I find myself rooted in Christ more than I ever have. I find it so hard to describe how it feels when something changes drastically in my life, so the only way to describe it is that I do just feel more free and rooted in Christ.
 It's crazy when I think back to the beginning of 2019, it almost feels like a dream, but I know because of it I can worship Jesus and have a faith that is so much stronger than before.

The last couple of months have been good. I've been stressed and anxious at times about all that is coming, such as me turning 18, my last year of college and I'm taking my last exams this week; in a couple years I'll be in University hopefully and In my gap year, who knows what will happen. It's all nerve-racking, but despite the anxiety of it all, I find my comfort and trust in Christ, so I know I don't have to worry about it because it's all under his control. I have a certainty in God that I haven't had in previous years and it feels so good. 

Overall, I'd say that the second half of 2019 was pretty amazing, but it wouldn't have happened without the first part of 2019, so I guess that was alright too. I hope you enjoyed reading my little recap/review of 2019, I certainly enjoyed writing it. I should hopefully be back writing another post soon, probably in 3 weeks or so and I'll most likely be talking about how I think my exams went. So, talk to you then.

BeeBee
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

The world was designed for us to live in harmony, so please be nice. Constructive criticism is always welcome though ;)

Thanks for coming by.